Intervention at Key Stage Three (KS3)
At the Bridge Academy, intervention at KS3 is varied in nature and is organised in order to meet the most direct needs of our students on a termly basis. A core programme will run throughout the year which will include the following:
• KS3 Study Group - In Year 7 and 8 there is a Study Club intervention which runs on a Wednesday and Thursday evening specifically targeting students who are working below a level 4 in both English and Maths. This focuses on enhancing the literacy and numeracy skills of targeted students.
• In Year 7, booster English and Maths sessions are held for students who are currently achieving below on level 4 in one of the two core subjects.
• Fresh Start Programme - led by the Inclusion Department for those students reading below a level 3.
• The Reading Challenge - This is an early morning intervention on Wednesdays, held with the support of UBS volunteers to target Year 7 students on the level 3a - 4c borderline.
• The Literacy Toolkit - a tool utilised in English lessons with Year 7 sets 3 and 4 focussing on the development of reading, comprehension and writing skills.
• The Nurture Group - a specifically designed curriculum to support the development of students achieving below level 3 in English and Maths in Years 7, 8 and 9.
A timetable of additional interventions will be published each term following the completion of core intervention meetings.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 January 2013 09:32