ADMISSIONS CRITERIA FOR 2022
Parents must use the home local authority common application form to apply for a place at the Academy.
CONSIDERATION OF APPLICATION
- All children applying to the Academy will be required to take a verbal, non-verbal and quantitative CAT test.
- Applicants will be placed in one of five bands, based on their performance across the three elements of the test.
- As far as possible the same number of children will be admitted in each of the five bands.
- Children admitted with Statements of Special Educational Needs will be included in the band allocations. If they are unable to take the tests their allocation to a band will be based on primary school teacher assessments.
- Children admitted who are looked after, or previously looked after, are also included in the band allocations based on their last school’s assessment, if they are not able to take the test.
- Apart from students with statements of SEN and looked after children, children who do not sit the test will be considered after those who sit the test.
- The Academy will consider all applications for places received by it. Where fewer than 180 applications are received, the Academy will offer places to all those that have applied.
Where the number of applicants for admission is greater than the published admission number, applications will be considered against the criteria set out below.
After the admission of students with statements of Special Educational Needs to the appropriate bands where the Bridge Academy, Hackney is named on the statement, the criteria will be applied in the order in which they are set out below.
- Looked after children, or previously looked after children.
- Students subject to a Child Protection Plan
- Children with a brother or sister on roll at the Academy in Years 7 to 11 at the time of the proposed admission.
- Students living nearest to the main entrance of the Academy as measured in a straight line using a GIS computerised measuring mapping system.
OPERATION OF WAITING LISTS
Hackney Learning Trust is responsible for the reallocation of places that become available between the offer day of 1st March and 1st September of the admission year.
This will be based on the Academy’s ranking of students on the basis of the published oversubscription criteria. Thereafter, the Academy will maintain a waiting list until 31st December of the admission year and it will be open to any parent to ask for his or her child’s name to be placed on this list.
The Academy will pay due regard to Hackney Learning Trust’s agreed coordinated in-year admission arrangements.
This will not affect the academies right to determine which applicants have priority for admission.