Welcome to the Alumni pages for former students of The Bridge Academy, Hackney.
We want to keep in touch with our Alumni. We are interested in what you are doing and hope that many of you will come back and inspire our students.
Please register at bridgeacademyalumni.com - the aim is to build a vibrant and useful Bridge community network, which provides former and current Bridge students with support and advice, with a focus on the world of work. With Covid-19 this feels even more relevant now.
- Connect – network with other Bridge alumni - see what they are up to
- Give back – support each other and current Bridge students
- Advance – use our careers resources, workshops and mentor support
- Expand – leverage your Bridge network, talk to other alumni who know your university or the industry you are interested in
Bridge Alumni have been invited to careers events, CV and LinkedIn workshops and the annual leaver event to pick up certificates.
We are now planning activities for 2021, if you have any ideas you would like to contribute, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in having a UBS Mentor, or reconnecting with your mentor? Want some help preparing for a job interview. If you have a CV that you would like to have reviewed, or would like some interview practice, or with preparing for an assessment centre, join bridgeacademyalumni.com and we will try and help you.
CAREERS INSIGHT EVENINGS
We hold regular Career Insight Events, recent events have focused on careers in the media, creative industries, communications and marketing, medicine, healthcare, sport, fitness and well-being, legal careers, careers in STEM subjects - Science, Mathematics, Technology Engineering and Mathematics, business, finance and accountancy.
The 'Meet the Expert' sessions are designed to help current students and Bridge Alumni to find out about the types of jobs that are available, the skills and qualities that it takes to succeed, and the various career pathways into the industries including graduate and apprenticeship routes.
The Insight Evenings are finished for 2019/20 and are now being planned for 2020/21.
- As a former Bridge student we would like you to benefit from our new partnership with www.unifrog.org/ an online platform that provides students with impartial and independent guidance on the full range of post-school options. It also helps students to explore their interests, different career pathways, find opportunities, compare every undergraduate university course in the UK as well as international opportunities, and access Further Education courses and a comprehensive list of apprenticeships. If you would like your own personalised link, please contact email@example.com
- upReach deliver a comprehensive professional development programme to students with less-advantaged backgrounds upreach.org.uk
- Not sure if you have got any of the skills employers are looking for? Turn your everyday life into skills you put on your CV. Find out just how employable you are, visit www.themix.org.uk/work-and-study/getting-a-job/how-to-make-your-cv-standout
Would you have benefited from hearing from former students about life after school before you left the Bridge? Could you provide valuable insights to current Bridge students? We are looking for help from you that will inspire the next generation. Visit our Volunteering Page.
We want to hear about what you have been doing since leaving the Bridge, please register at bridgeacademyalumni.com
We look forward to hearing from you: firstname.lastname@example.org