ACTIVITIES AT HOME
Here are some suggestions from the teachers at The Bridge Academy for ways you can entertain yourself, help others and keep learning while you are at home!
Staying safe online is really important when we are all spending more time at home. This guide for parents gives top-tips for staying safe online.
Staying active is really important even during the lockdown.
- The Bridge PE team have put together a daily fitness programme which students are following.
- If you are walking during your daily exercise try to find a new route, this link might inspire you.
Reading and writing - this is a great opportunity to get stuck into a good book or do some creative writing
- 1st March 2021 Library Newsletter
- Bridge Reading Club - this is the text we're going to be reading this week!
- Free Audio Books - there are lots of free audio books you can listen to here
- Storytelling activities that you could use with your friends and family
World Book Day Activities - it's World Book Day on 4th March 2021 and we are running some competitions in the build up to it! Choose from one of these options, you are more than welcome to enter more than one. Entries to all competitions can be sent here.
Geographical Half-term Ideas: The Geography Department have put-together some ideas for you to try over the half-term break.
Employability Week Activities - for students in Year 10 to 13: Sign-up here
Being Creative - you can take some time over the holiday to be creative and develop your Art and Design skills
- Bridge Photography Competition - Year 7 - 11
- Poster Project - we're really keen to see what you can create! Send photos of your completed work to your Art teacher.
- Art Competitions - open to everyone up to age of 17
- Open City Sketching: Enter this sketching competition for 16-18 year olds
Cooking - this is a great time to try cooking for your family at home. Make sure that you let your family know you are going to cook so they can supervise you properly. These sites will help you find recipes for whatever you have in the fridge or cupboard:
- Suitable for everyone: Easy recipes for you to try at home
- Suitable for everyone: Search for recipes here
- KS4 and KS5 students: Great British Chefs
- BBC Food
Researching and Learning - we’d love to see what you can research while spending more time at home.
- UCL Ask an Expert - an opportunity to pose interesting questions to experts working at University College London.
- National Geographic have got some ideas for activities you could be doing at home.
Virtual Visits - we can visit all sorts of places virtually while we are staying safe at home
- The British Museum in Central London
- The Louvre in Paris
- The planet Mars
- Yellowstone National Park in the United States of America
Music - you should practice your instrument for at least 20 minutes, 5 times a week. The Bridge Music department have put together tutorials and sheet music collections for you to use while at home.