As a department we want all our students to be competent, well-rounded practitioners of Computer Science, who are able to thrive in the modern world of developing technology.
To us this means, they will have developed the following skills and knowledge:
- Apply computational thinking skills to develop algorithms
- Competency in coding solutions using a programming language
- Understanding Pseudocode and how to apply it.
- Sound systems architecture
- Sound Data representation knowledge in its differing forms
- Sound Networking knowledge
- Developing a broad understanding of the legal, cultural, ethical and environmental impact of technology.
- Coding beyond Python
- Computer and Digital literacy