Curriculum Intent Statement
- The core knowledge and subject specific skills which are foundational to future success in the subject
- ‘The Canon’: The best of your subject; the parts of your subject which enable students to access society in a way which would be impossible they didn’t know them (Cultural Capital)
- The disciplinary knowledge to enable students to critique the Canon
- Is delivered in an order which maximises students understanding
- Gradually increases in complexity, with prior knowledge being built on over time
- Is designed to ensure retention of key concepts, including through weekly and monthly review
- Subject expertise, research informed pedagogy and classroom management are at the centre of great teaching. These are at the centre of our CPD programme and our lesson design.
- We respect the distinct ‘grammar’ of individual subjects. Lesson delivery is built around the Rosenshine principles, adapted for each subject area
- We prioritise high quality explanations, assessment and feedback and highly tailored deliberate practice.