The department strives to foster within students a love of Science.
We aim to:
- Excite and enthuse children with a sense of awe and wonder at the natural world.
- Develop an appreciation of how science has contributed to the historical and cultural development of our society.
- Give practical experience of how scientists make observations of the natural world,
come up with hypotheses and carry out experiments to obtain evidence to support
or disprove these hypotheses.
- Cause children to understand the importance of evidence when making decisions
and to be able to judge whether the claims of the media, advertisers, politicians,
journalists, etc. are evidence- based and reliable.
- Give students enough evidence-based knowledge to be able to make informed
personal judgements in order to lead healthy, safe, comfortable and environmentally sustainable lives.
- Develop awareness of the conclusions of important scientific theories in a concrete
and accessible way.
100% A*-B in Biology
100% A*-B in Physics
94% A*-C in Chemistry