The Bridge Academy Sixth Form opened in September 2012 and we were delighted to welcome our first cohort of students joining us on our ambitious journey.
The Bridge Academy is truly, "A Bridge to Your Future"
With the full support and commitment of UBS, our outstanding partner, our Sixth Form is unique and different from any other. This close relationship with UBS means that our Academy is well placed to offer each student high quality work experience, a dedicated mentor and a range of support across the curriculum.
The UBS-Bridge Academy Partnership is based on shared ambition to build a continuous programme that gives students superb opportunities to work with UBS employees, providing a positive impact of their achievement, attainment and personal development.
For our students this means:
- Curriculum contributions from experts and/or support from graduates in Mathematics, Economics, IT and Computer Science, Physics, and Sustainability.
- Personal development with opportunities to participate in the Duke of Edinburgh Awards, and annual Sixth Form Dinners at UBS.
- Exceptional preparation for life beyond the Bridge with a full time Higher Education and Careers Manager, regular contact with business volunteers, insights from former Bridge students, work placements, employability skills workshops, a Progression Fair every other year, Careers Talks, workplace visits, visits to university and partnerships with expert organisations including The Brokerage, Future First, Careers Collaborative, Inspire! and Pathways Careers Training and Mentoring.
- As part of UBS's volunteering programme all Sixth Form students have the opportunity to have a mentor, a practice interview, their CV reviewed and to apply for a work placement at UBS.
- With financial support from UBS, our Future Pathways Fund supports students to visit universities and participate in taster courses.
- Superb resources.
- Funds from UBS have been invested in digital technology, making Bridge a great place to learn.
- Our cutting edge Sixth Form building provides a dedicated space for Year 12 and 13 students, has an additional suite of Macs with industry standard software for our Media courses.
- The Bridge Academy is an inspirational and award-winning building. Its innovative design and sense of light and space make it friendly, welcoming and a creative place to learn. There is a dedicated Sixth Form area where students can study, socialise, read and relax.
Unique opportunity for Year 13s
As part of our special partnership with global financial services business UBS, Year 13s can apply for the UBS-Bridge Bursary. Successful applicants receive £6,000 during their first year at university and a ten-week paid summer internship at UBS, in departments ranging from Asset Management, Global Banking, Global Markets, and Group Technology. Twelve former students have received Bursaries since their launch in 2020/21, they said it was an amazing experience, they learnt a lot, developed many skills and UBS was very welcoming.
Five Bridge alumni now work at UBS, two joined the graduate programme, two the apprenticeship programme and one started as a school leaver.